PIMPLES!!!!! why do you torture us
Some people get pimples others are covered in acne and there’s a very funny percentage of people who don’t experience pimples!!!!… why?(I hate your skin) All in all there is pimple diversities hence I don’t believe in a universal
My skin has never been flawless!! TRUTH BE TOLD, I’ve just come from an unending battle with a white head that was at the peak of my nose and i have a few small pimples around my T-zone. so i know how it feels to battle with pimples.
****Pimples are not caused by poor hygiene but….HYGIENE IS IMPORTANT !!! lord knows i hate the smell of stale sweat!!! eek!***
SEBUM SEBUM SEBUM!!!!!!!
in the event that the openings of hair follicles and oil glands plug, there becomes an increase in the accumulation of oil secretion which causes and favors the growth of bacteria who in turn take pleasure in irritating the surrounding skin and…..SHABAM!!!! you get a pimple, or a cyst or a whitehead or a black head. and, well what do we call these natural oils?
some general terms we need to understand before we dig in….
Whiteheads: White dots that are pores impacted with oil and skin covered by skin layers.
Blackheads: Black bumps that are impacted pores in which material pushes out through the follicles. The black color is not from dirt. It may be from bacteria and matter that react with oxygen.
Papules, Pustules or Nodules: More serious lesions appearing red and swollen due to inflammation or infection of the tissue around the clogged follicles, which are often painful and feel hard.
Cysts: Deep, painful, pus-filled lesions that can cause scarring.
so after some random investigations….some of the causes are...
- Medication- some drugs may cause hyperactivity in the glands which cause them to produce excess amounts of sebum…drugs like steroids, contraceptives, COCAINE etc
- Cosmetics- this here DESERVES A BLOG ON ITS OWN!!!!! don’t be lied to poeple…natural is better than synthetic..ill teach you a little something i call.. THE OIL MIGRATION TEST
- Oily & Greasy environment- it covers your pores and well covered pores equate to bacteria which equates to…..EXACTLY
- Hormones- a little something medics call ANDROGENS
- Genes- has ur mum or guardian ever told you ah…they’ll go don’t worry look at me?…..how about…YOU LOOK AT THEM AND DON’T WORRY
- Stress- once in a class i actually decided to listen to…we learnt that bacteria breeds well under stressful conditions and may also lead to resistance…ie..when all the facial products you buy don’t work
and how do we solve this????? AHA!!!….
NUMBER 1!!! prevention.
- If you don’t need it, don’t use it!!! drugs, too much make up and STRESS trust me you can do without it. have you seen some A- class celebrities without make up….EXACTLY!!
- UR FACE IS NOT A COOKING POT…and PIMPLES ARE NOT SCUM…..you cant scrape off a pimple just give it time and in the mean time refer to point number 1
- Use oil-free or non-comedogenic products…which brings me back to the COSMETIC WORLD!!!! NEVER SLEEP WITH MAKE UP ON!!!
- Don’t squeeze or pick blemishes. Popping can drive the bacteria deeper into the skin while Picking can lead to more inflammation and permanent scarring. trust me…my nose has experienced some serious scarring.
so for now ill leave you with a bit of that and in a few days ill explain why CHEAP COSMETICS are not the answer and in case you are a junkie – hunnie you need to save for the real deal!!!
DID YOU KNOW THAT CHOCOLATE DON’T CAUSE PIMPLES……IT’S A MYTH
P.S…WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!!stay fabulous x!