COLOUR BLOCK YOUR WORLD
can you imagine a world full of black white n a little grey area? THAT IS A SAD WORLD TO LIVE IN.
colour is the ideal description of mood and helps in mood therapy but most importantly we are born into a colourful world so why not incorporate it to your every day life. FF LOVES COLOUR BLOCKING.
FF has a couple of friends who have asked for their opinion on which pallet best suits a certain occasion. In Kenya and I think pretty much the world, I believe that if they haven’t strictly stated what colour-codes to stick to then…. COLOUR YOUR WORLD RAINBOW.
- neutral colours – blacks, whites, browns & greys
- primary colours – red, blue, yellow
- complimentary colours – directly across each other
- warm colours – tertiary green to tertiary purple
- cool colours – tertiary purples to secondary greens
- analogous colours – three touching hues
- triadic colours – three evenly spaced hues
- split – complementary colours – skinny y shaped
to use the colour wheel better, follow the edges of the patterns within the circle.
different designers have different ways of interpreting colour blocking. some go for mainly warm colours while others go for a rather calm colour depending on their target market and design preference.
MY FAVORITE TIPS:
- work with at most 4 colours but ensure to complement it with a dash of neutral
- pair bold blinding colours with neutral tones
- holiday colours are not the every day colours… Yes… I refuse to accept the colour blocking of white red and green in July
- LOVE HOW YOU FEEL IN WHAT YOU WEAR
A LITTLE RUNWAY TO DAZZLE YOUR EYES:
and in the event you want to infuse a little colour to that piece of clothing you are sewing or revamping then the slide show below is definitely just for you.
below are sketches for some patterns in the slide show
hopefully a couple of sketches from Olivia + s to inspire your next clothing line.
if you have any pics of you colour blocking send us one or two n your opinion and tips and we will share it with the worldstay fabulous x !